suzannephillip3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

damage to my laptop

HP Recommended
LAPTOP-9V2VH15C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY LAPTOP HAS A PIECE CRACKED OFF ON THE SHELL ENCASING OF THE KEYBOARD NEAR THE CHARGING PORT WHERE THE PIECE BROKE OFF YOU CAN SEE INSIDE THE WIRING AND PARTS ALSO THE CHARING PORT IS NOT SECURE, CAN I GET THIS REPAIRED ?  I NOW HAVE IT TAPED TO HOLD IT IN PLACE SO I CAN STILL USE MY LAPTOP AND CHARGE IT!

1 REPLY 1
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,183 11,123 2,201 4,482
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Most likely the notebook top cover has cracked near the hinge. You could take it to the local computer store and see if they can replace the needed parts.

If you wan t a guide on how to perform the fix you will need to provide the exact model or product number

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

You could also post a couple of pictures from different angles to see the problem

Let us know,

David

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation