01-29-2012 08:53 AM
I have an HP 2000-299WM Notebook PC, with Windows 7 64-bit . The touchpad is making me insane. How do I turn it off?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: disable touch pad
01-29-2012 09:07 AM
01-29-2012 09:07 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 04:44 PM by OscarFuentes
To turn the TouchPad On/Off, double-tap the top left corner of the pad.
If you wish to disable it permanently, see the sub-heading 'Disable the ClickPad' in the document in the the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
03-13-2012 09:09 PM - edited 03-13-2012 09:18 PM
I go to the link you provide but the Help there is not the same that I have on my computer....There is NO option for SETTINGS or SENSITIVITY for the touch pad. It is just simply NOT there.
I want to permanently DISABLE my touch pad - not disable only to have it come on each time my computer is restarted!!!! Do I have to download something for this??? Seems ridiculous but i read this somewhere on this forum but can not find it now...
I like my new lap top except this is crazy.
sorry for my tone but it is late and i am frustrated. tks
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot