Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch000nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm struggling with my docking from startech , thunderbolt 3 TBDOCK2DPPU

it doesn't seem to work with 2 monitors although I bought it for that reason.

and my laptop doesn't charge either

my laptop is a HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch000nb and the two monitors are both HP Z27

I'v tried de support site from HP aswell as the one from startech but no solution found

I still have to connect my separte power supply en one monitor with separte HDMI cable

does anyone have experience with this

thanks in advance

Stef

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@stef53 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the docking station is not working.

I will try to help you out.

Please let me know are you able to charge the Spector laptop with normal charger.

Have you tried the docking station to a different computer and checked?

Please perform the thunderbolt port test and check.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the thunderbolt port test.  

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.