Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone

Really, it has been over a month now, that I have been working on this hp pavilion dv5-1002US model.  I dedicated to it each day and countless hours as well as troubleshooting all options and suggestions, checking and testing components and other devices within the laptop's motherboard, replaced hardware directly related to it's error codes, improvising cooling techniques based on experience, logics, testing equipment, monitoring softwares, underclocking, CPU power, BIOS updates, changing operating systems, and even trying other user's solutions which worked but it is not fully guaranteed.

Conclusion: HP manufactured and released a factory-designed model which overheats over a short period of time and there is no way they predicted this but it is the reality, nothing and absolutely nothing can be done on this series of laptops to make them reliable and dependable.  If by chance anyone gets them to work, it will function on limited performance and prone to fail soon.  If you manage to turn it on, try not to shut it down and use it as is with just the most basic resources like word processing and browsing and playing music on media player but two at a time so as not to bring up the CPU's load.

I even tried it to just turn it on and letting idle for some time but even in the idling state it triggers the CPU.  Those of you, who are reading this in the first instance and feel to take the challenge in finding a real solution to the problem, I do not discourage you but praise your enthusiasm and you might find a solution or something we have over looked.  I have 20 years experience in the field of this profession and always try and exhaust all options available and even insane ideas are sometimes useful.  My advise is to just dispose of this models selling them for parts and do not purchase these models.  Abstain from them.  Before purchasing any laptop please read the reviews and comments other users have.  I always prefer desktops for so many reasons and advantages.

Thank you all for reading this and wish you success if you venture into finding a solution.

HP Recommended

Hello, if there was a real solution then HP would have provided it, because they designed these laptops.

HP Recommended

hey guys i took the laptop apart replaced cpu it did the same thing with the cap and scroll motherboard fried but its just one of those things you win some and you lose sometimes but thanks anyway you guys are great dont ever stop if i can ever help out there just give me a big shout not far away.

HP Recommended

WOWWWWWW  -  After 2 years dead my DV-5 came back to life.

Turn On You computer - Press and hold ESC - Then the END key repetitively.

It worked for me 🙂

HP Recommended

Sounds like you tweaked the motherboard just right by pressing the keys down a bunch. Aalso, that sounds like a fluke.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.