08-29-2012 10:39 AM
08-29-2012 10:50 AM
I'm not able to suggest anything else to do the Bios rollback, because I offered everything what possible in my power.
Could you add to the next reply information what kind of steps have you done to update the chipset driver and the link to this driver?
08-29-2012 10:54 AM
For sure. I've tried updating the AMD Chipset Drivers to the latest version released on 8/15/2012.
I downloaded them direct from AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2
This gave me the latest AHCI drivers which don't really offer any improvement over the msachi drivers that came with windows.
08-29-2012 11:00 AM
Does your model have switchable graphics card or single GPU?
08-29-2012 11:01 AM - edited 08-29-2012 11:06 AM
Switchable graphics -- APU and discrete GPU.
edit: Full specs:
HP Pavilion dv6z
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
• 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Graphics
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
• FREE Upgrade to 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive / Now has Samsung 830 256GB SSD
• No additional security software
• 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone + HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Backlit Keyboard
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
06-03-2014 03:10 PM
I downloaded F.05 which was the "latest" bios from the site for my laptop trying to fix a problem with it recognizing my SSD. I got it working and Windows7 installed, but the performance is lacking A LOT in the 4K random read category. I want to go back to the initial F.06 version BIOS but it's nowhere to be found on the site!
Can someone at HP update the site so I can get the latest bios F.06?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot