Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
leaning Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv8000 (dv8225nr) need two drivers and battery plugged in not charging

Paviliion dv8225nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello. I wiped my hard drive in an attempt to switch from Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit to my processor-supported 64-bit. Well, 8.1 64-bit has an all-or-nothing hardware checker, and if it doesn't pass because your stuff is "too old", 64-bit doesn't install.

1. So, I went back to 32-bit (which installs and runs fine), but I can't remember where I found the two SP's to install the drivers for:

Mass Storage Controller (PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_309B103C&REV_00\4&13826118&0&23A4), and

Multimedia Audio Controller (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_309B103C&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&A5).

(You folks gave me the link when I asked awhile back, both those links don't work anymore, and the HP Support Assistant doesn't provide any support, either).

2.  The battery is giving me a 'plugged in not charging". Any advice for that software-wise or install-wise, or is that a cry for a new battery?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Regards,

J

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21321
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the first device...

This package contains the driver for the Texas Instruments PCI (TI-PCI) Cardbus (Media Card Reader) for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43509.exe

You need this driver for the 2nd one.   You may have to manually install this driver if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package contains the Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver for the listed notebook models and operating systems. This audio driver enables the audio properties for the user and also provides a user interface. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34567.exe

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with the battery issue.

Probably due to the fact that W8.1 is not supported on your model and it is a software issue.

0 Kudos
leaning Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

W8.1 is not supported on your model and it is a software issue.

Paul,

This laptop isn't supported by anyone, including the assembler (HP); once it got "old", they deleted the driver and support pages for it long ago. It's folks like you that we are fortunate to be able to still find this stuff on HP's ftp sites.

What do you know about this battery software issue? (The HD was wiped completely (DBAN-ed), so there is nothing on it except one partition with a brand-new install of Windows 8.1 Pro 32. If there  is a "software issue", it can only be coming from the BIOS or Windows. )

(I've removed the battery , and the battery ACPI driver, so the computer is running purely on AC now. After the W8.1 install, it downloaded 200+ updates (!), so I'm hoping one of those was "battery-fix", so  I was going to let it finish updating, reinstall the battery, and see if I still get that message.)....?

Is there a fix you know about?

Regards,

leaning

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21321
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know of any fixes.

Hopefully, the drivers I posted worked (you didn't say), and windows update will install a chipset driver fix for the battery not charging.

And what I meant by 'not supported', was that your PC was designed to run on XP and Vista only.

W7, 8, 8.1 and W10 are not supported on that platform, which is why you are bound to run into some problems that may not be able to be overcome, such as the battery not charging issue.

You have to hope that you can use the XP and Vista drivers to get the hardware to work, such as what I gave you.

No doubt you are also missing the graphics driver as well.

You are missing the graphics driver if you see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed under the Display Adapters device manager category.

For that, the only suggestion I can offer would be to try manually installing the Vista driver.  The auto install will not work.

This driver enables the ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 series video display function and provides an interface to adjust the resolution and various display properties.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35203.exe

I also suggest that you turn off the fast startup option in the power options menu before installing the graphics driver.

I installed W10 on a HP 6910p business notebook with the amd graphics, and got a black screen with fast startup enabled, and using the W7 AMD graphics driver from the support page.

With it disabled, the graphics works just fine.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation