Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy dv6 Notebook PC 7398 ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting an error code when I turn on my computer about my cooling fan not operating properly. I would like to replace it, but I cannot find the proper fan/heatsink assembly.  I have  Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and no graphics memory so I believe that means I have UMA memory. Please help.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah the other one:

For use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory 682060-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HP-ENVY-DV6-7222NR-DV6-7000-SERIES-CPU-COOLING-FAN-HEATSINK-682060-...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Fan/heat sink assembly (includes replacement thermal material):

For use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete memory 682061-001

HP Parts will not have this in stock any more so you have to go to eBay, amazon or a supply house. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SP-682061-001-HP-ENVY-DV6-7000-DV7-7000-CPU-Heatsink-w-Fan-MF75090V1-C100-S...

You can go a couple ways here. There is nothing wrong with the metal heatsink part of the module. You can simply replace the fan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-For-HP-682061-001-Notebook-PC-Cpu-Cooling-Fan/252391648768?hash=item3ac...

However, getting the fan mounted just right in the heatsink assembly is not as easy as it seems like it should be. If you don't get it set in there "just right" the fan will click or not be balanced right. I have done this both ways but I prefer to just order the whole heatsink/fan assembly. 

Your Service Manual

Before you order a new part you might try opening it up and cleaning it out real well, apply new thermal compund correctly (sparingly), follow up with a hard reset and many times that will clear the error. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I did edit my first question to show that I have Intel HD Graphics 4000.  I have DDR-3 memory so I think it is UMA memory, but I want to make sure I do not have discrete memory which is what you indicated.

Thank you again.

Ann

HP Recommended

The model number you gave shows it has a discrete switchable video card (GT 635M) and then you also have Intel HD 4000 but the motherboard falls into the discrete video camp because there are two video chips and one is discrete. 

specs

If your laptop only has the Intel HD video then the model number you gave in your first post is not right. 

I've been doing this a long time and if you give me the model number and the part you need I am going to give you the correct part number. And if you want to replace just the fan it is a moot question as the UMA and the discrete cooling module would use the same fan although the metal heatsink part is different because the discrete/switchable system has another chip to cool. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your time.  I have searched my computer by going to device manager and all I come up with is the Intel HD 4000 display adapter. 

I did just rerun the HP Customer Support product identification and it showed my product as an HP Envy dv6 -7363cl Notebook PC, SN 2CE2492948,  Product No. D1B19UA#ABA, but when I click on the "HP Envy dv6 -7363cl" link (or the SN or the PN) it takes me to  the 7398ca specification page.  In the past, when I have checked using the product identification link, it has always come up 7398ca, so I do not know what is going on.

From my HP Support Assistant

Product Name: HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC

SN:  2CE2492948

PN:  D1B19UA#ABA

General Specifications:

Operating system:     Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Microprocessor:          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

System memory:        8GB

Memory Slot 1:       8GB Hynix 1600MHz

System Board:             1819 52.24

System Bios:                 F.29

Video

Graphic Device 1:                  Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Current Resolution:        1366 x 768

Refresh Rate:                    39

Version:                               10.18.10.4358 (12/21/2015)

Aero Status:                            Enabled

Does this change your answer?  Thank you again for your time and patience

HP Recommended

That product number comes up as 

dv6-7363cl

which is only Intel video so yes that changes. 

HP Recommended

Do you know what the part number would be now?

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Yeah the other one:

For use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory 682060-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HP-ENVY-DV6-7222NR-DV6-7000-SERIES-CPU-COOLING-FAN-HEATSINK-682060-...

HP Recommended

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.