3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fixing screws fallen out of back panel and lost

HP envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

how do i get replacement screws which have fallen out of the back of the laptop after a few weeks (and lost). Bought online at HP store and cant seen to get through to HP

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
40,787 40,574 6,377 11,103
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course we need the model number to get you the correct screw kit. The screw kit is usually a replacement part listed in the Manual or you can find them from 3rd party sellers online. Just buy a packet of all the screws in the system and then you will have replacements. Almost impossible to find the exactly correct individual screws. 

0 Kudos
njgprojects
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay thanks - HP need to sort under warranty to save me wasting too much time on this. Strange I was directed to a community forum for a defect with a new machine but anyway..

Thanks for input.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
40,787 40,574 6,377 11,103
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah good luck. They are not going to just accept that screws "fell out" so when you strike out there you can come back here and we can help you find the screw kit. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation