Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Not sure if this link might hold anything that you could find useful.

http://techpatterns.com/forums/about260.html

To be honest I did not pursue things at the time.  I got a bit frustrated with the situation so bought a new laptop with a 320Gb drive and a 64bit O/S. 

Apart from feeling a lot poorer, it was a good buy.  The alternative was to use the drive in a USB caddy as an external storage device - the laptop recognised the 250 Gb without any problem but I was after increasing the internal capacity.

HP Recommended

I know what you mean. I regret haven't waited for a laptop with SATA at least.

Thanks for the link but I think I'll just go for the 120GB one. I can't be bothered spending more time on this HD nonsense.

HP Recommended

Sorry to bring up such an old post but this may be useful to somebody.

I still use my nc6320 daily for work and at home. I had Vista then 7 and the free 10 upgrade. I had a 120 gig drive fitted but soon ran out of space on it so upgraded to a 320 gig drive.

Eventually I went up to a 1T drive which worked great until the windows 10 anniversary upgrade.

Something in the anniversary upgrade causes the drive to be inaccessable. You can reclone the 1T drive or do a clean install and it works fine unil the next automatic update then it's the BSOD again. Reverting back to the 320G drive and using the 1T in a caddy in place of the optical drive for storage has cured the windows 10 automatic update BSOD on my nc6320 at least. 

PS Where are the latest BIOS drivers for the nc6320 as I can't seem to locate them on hp.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.