07-23-2016 03:13 PM
I recently checked in the HP website is possible to upgrade your hard drive and I would like to change my HP mini 1104 laptop for 1TB hard drive because the original one is practically full and I believe this is the best option. I tried to contact HP store parts sellers and they mention I need to check if the conexion is SATA or IDE and I have not idea and I am not intending to open the laptop as yet. I also tried HP store email and somebody wrote me this:
HP Mini 1104 (ENERGY STAR) (A7K66UT), the PC supports the following hard drives:
- 320 GB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 and 7.0 mm
- 250 GB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 and 7.0mm
- This have confused me because I saw in amazon they have 1TB for my model and the photo says it is SATA
TSM 2.5 LAPTOP HARD DISK DRIVE FOR HP MINI 110-1000 110-1100 110-1200 110-3000 110-3100 210-1000 1104 1tb
- I have therefore 2 questions: 1) is it or not possible to upgrade to 1TB or if not what is the biggest one I can use to upgrade the hard drive. 2) it should be SATA or IDE
- I would also appreciate any suggestions and recommendation for the hard drive upgrade. I have my recovery disks which I will try to use and if they do not run I have the HP manufacture for the windows and drivers.
- Thanks for your kind information and recommendations in advance
07-23-2016 09:12 PM
Double post. Please use:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.