Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hardware manual for HP Laptop 15-ay011nr

Laptop 15-ay011nr

Is there a hardware manual available for HP Laptop 15-ay011nr?  If not, how is the hard drive replaced?

This laptop is quite a departure from my experience with previous HP laptops and servers.  I was able to easily find the hardware manual for every other HP laptop or server I have worked on, not so with 15-ay011nr.  On every other HP laptop I was able to find the back covers to replace memory and hard drive, not so for this laptop.  THere aren't any covers on the back of this laptop.

3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 562 1253
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please find the below link having manuals for your laptop.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862300/model/11084067/manuals

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Bubba-11 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much for your reply.  I also found a potentially useful section on how to backup and restore the OS with a thumb drive. Although I'm not sure why I would want to create a win10 restore disk, I can install Fedora Linux and restore win10 if necessary.  Again, thank you for the link.  Thumbs up will be entered.

0 Kudos
Bubba-11 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This post entered in error

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation