Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0101ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot 2022-10-11 203926.png

The laptop was working fine but one day it just stuck at the boot loading screen with the dots that rotate in win 10 startup froze

i booted into windows using F9(change boot device order). then looked at the ram it said 10.1GB hardware reserved.Also this laptop came with only 8GB of ram and I upgraded it to 16GB in February this year . It was working fine with 13.9 GB usable ram until this. I used HP diagnostics UEFI and it said both ram sticks are working fine .

Then I thought it was BIOS update so I downgraded the BIOS from F.14 to F.12 using official drivers . Also tried Linux and windows 11 but same issue(10.1GB reserved ram).Tried disabling and enabling paging file .Nothing has worked till now. Everthing else in the laptop is still working fine . Please helpScreenshot 2022-10-11 204933.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @saurabhn851 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

If your BIOS does not support <onboard UMA memory> settings you are lost, so the solution is "there is no solution".

See my previous conversation --->>> Re: 10-1gb-ram-is-reserved-after-upgrading-to-16gb-ram

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.