Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc166tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is HP Pavilion - 15-cc166tx and i want to upgrade my laptops storage drive.So i am trying to upgrade this to ssd.I am confused whether I can equip an ssd along with my harddrive or not.what type of ssd slot is available for my laptop?Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

There should be an M2 slot for an M2SATA3 or much faster M2 PCIe NVMe SSD such as the Samsung 970 Evo Plus or similar. The notebook supports both types of SSD. However, you should first remove the bottom cover and take a look if the physical slot is present on the motherboard (sometimes in notebooks that did not come with M2 SSD the slot is missing on the motherboard). On page 37 of the service manual, you can see how to remove the bottom cover to take a look

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493762

M2 slotM2 slot

It is beside the battery which is not shown in the picture.

So if the slot is present you can insert an M2 PCIe NVMe SSD of your preferred brand and capacity (no limit) It will give an amazing boost to the performance of the PC.

You will need to transfer (or reinstall) the OS on the SSD. You can keep the Hard Drive for storage.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There should be an M2 slot for an M2SATA3 or much faster M2 PCIe NVMe SSD such as the Samsung 970 Evo Plus or similar. The notebook supports both types of SSD. However, you should first remove the bottom cover and take a look if the physical slot is present on the motherboard (sometimes in notebooks that did not come with M2 SSD the slot is missing on the motherboard). On page 37 of the service manual, you can see how to remove the bottom cover to take a look

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493762

M2 slotM2 slot

It is beside the battery which is not shown in the picture.

So if the slot is present you can insert an M2 PCIe NVMe SSD of your preferred brand and capacity (no limit) It will give an amazing boost to the performance of the PC.

You will need to transfer (or reinstall) the OS on the SSD. You can keep the Hard Drive for storage.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!by the way can OS be trasfered directly into ssd without reinstalling?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.