Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

today I was trying to play a game when i noticed a very low framerate and when i looked further into it is saw that my cpu(ryzen 5 5600H) was thermal throttling at 102° C (gpu sitting at 50-60° C)

the first thing i did was to set the fans up to maximum but nothing changed at all but when i turned the fans back to automatic it started to drop to 85 but not further than that. so the thing i did next was to shut it down completely and let is cool down for some time but when i booted into windows the first thing a saw was the temperature above 80° C and it was rapidly climbing over 100. so i started looking at hardware at this point and found out the fans were blowing just normal room tmperature air and the chassis didn't feel that warm at all so the cpu is not even at this temperature. I haven't tried that much yet but i thought maybe someone around here could help figuring this out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.