Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14m-cd0006dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hinge on my laptop broke, through no fault of mine and broke the screen. I can see on your forum this has been an on going problem with this  model and I can't even get any one to talk to me. This was a gift from my  Husband. It sat on my dinning room table and was used sparingly, mostly to pay bills. It was never abused. I have had it for just over a year. WE are retired and live on a fixed income, affording a replacement will be a hardship. I want to thank HP for being so understanding and not even talking to me. I will not buy another HP.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@milomommy

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue.  I posted pictures on my post.  I will let you know if there is any progress.  It is really disappointing that HP does not stand behind their products.

fsuojwhite

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.