Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm sending the pics again

IMG_0084.JPGIMG_0084.JPGIMG_0084.JPG

HP Recommended

The feedback I am getting from another expert whose opinion I trust (erico) is that your BIOS and the OS install usb stick will not see a completely blank SSD. You say you can see the disk if you use Ubuntu Live? Do you know how to use the Linux disk partition tool gparted? If you have an internet connection on Ubuntu you may need to install gparted from the command line with:

sudo apt-get install gparted

If you can see the disk in Ubuntu and in gparted try creating a partition and formatting it ntfs and then try again with the HP BIOS and the recovery media.

HP Recommended

Yes, I know how to use linux, specially Ubuntu. I did use gparted to active and  to format the SSD as NTFS. But the problem still present, the BIOS does not recognize the drive.

HP Recommended

Now I guess we have to get a bit more specific. The usb stick contains Windows 8, right? Where did you get the mSSD? What brand is it? Which slot is it in? Are you using two disks or one?

Here is an update to the UEFI BIOS:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119351-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

This manual explains how to use the system diagnostics tool:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01564727/c01564727.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...

Without being able to get into the BIOS it is hard to know what the settings are.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.