05-25-2011 10:24 AM
how do I restore my laptop to its original settings. Everything at the top of my computer is no longer the same. The favorites refresh button and the icon for my printer are no longer there to access
05-25-2011 01:44 PM
If you right click on the desktop, refresh is there in a list.....
As for the printer icon, just go to start/control panel/hardware/printers....right click on your printer icon and create a shortcut to your desktop...
As for your favourites icon, start and select your name at the top of the pop up window. (under your log in image)......you will now find favourites.....right click on the folder and add shortcut....
05-25-2011 07:15 PM
Hello, no offence to the guy who posted before me, but he did not answer your question.
if what he suggested does not work, or is not what you wanted, then you can try this.
when you got the laptop it should have come with either A) a recovery disk or B) a backup hard drive.
if you did not get a disk with the laptop, then this is how option b should work for you.
1. go to my computer
2. look for a hardrive icon called RECOVERY this is usually the D Drive
3. right click - restore previous versions.
4 . follow the wizard.
if you got a disk with the laptop, then insert the disk into your drive, and wait, if a wizard pops up, follow it.
hope to be of help
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot