10-30-2011 04:06 PM
Welcome to the Forum.
First off.. Make sure you have a webcam.
Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Imaging Devices -- -- Look for a Webcam!
Turn on Your Webcam:
You need to install Skype or something similar
You need some software.
Webcam Software Options from HP:
Usually YouCam (Windows 7) or maybe MediaSmart (some Windows 7 and Vista)
You can search for the Webcam Software on your system:
Start --> on the bottom, at the Search box, type "YouCam" or "MediaSmart" (no quotes) and see if you have the software.
If you find it, click on it!
If you don't find the software on your computer, then read on...
You need to tell us what kind of system and OS you have...
OR you can help your self here:
- Pick which kind of Notebook (hardware) you have, enter the exact model...
- click around and go to your software and drivers page.
- Look for a catagory something like "Multimedia" (or just open them all and search through).
- Look for the YouCam or the Media Smart software.
- Click on it - download it - Double click on it to install it and then open it to use it.
Also... read, read, read. There are lots of posts on the forum on webcams - lots of good information here! Just enter "webcam" in the search box and start reading.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot