09-22-2012 07:41 PM
II had been using Ethernet for my Internet Connection, however, I am abroad and the hotel only has WiFi. When I tried to use the Wifi the display said Wifi adapter is off. How do I turn it on
09-22-2012 08:06 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 11:54 PM by OscarFuentes
By press the F12 Button on the keyboard the wireless should turn on. Also please find the link given below might help you to troubleshoot as well incase you have any issue.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
10-19-2014 03:21 AM
I have had exactly the same problem. Only had laptop a few days. Wifi was working fine then suddenly stopped. F12 doesn't make any difference as airplane mode wasn't on. Can only use Wifi with an ethernet cable at the moment. Please help! I did the troubleshoot and it is saying the 'wifi adaptor has been disabled' Why does that happen and how can I turn it back on?
12-01-2014 06:10 PM
Click on device manager
Click on network adapters
Click on w.e. has WiFi adapter in it
And then click f12
This worked for me hope it helps you
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot