Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a laptop in need of repair, which is still covered by the extended warranty, and I am continuously sent in loops on the website.  I select my device on the support page, it sends me to a box where I can type in my issue.  And around and around again.  I have attempted to initiate a chat through HP support assistant, and it gives me an error message.  I have attempted the Messenger support option, and it goes through the virtual assistant, says it's sending me to a live agent and no real person ever responds.  I have tried through Twitter.  There is no response.  How does one contact HP Support?  Or is there a way to intiate a repair case without such contact?

ETA:  Solved my own issue. 

I recommend going through the HP Support Assistant on the device.  At the bottom, it says "Support Resources"  and there is a phone option.  I tried that and spoke to a real person within about 20 minutes of waiting on hold, and he was able to move me on my way towards the repair, they're sending me a prepaid box for the laptop and it will be on its way soon.  HP support is very kind and helpful once you reach them, but it is shamefully difficult to speak to someone.  Hope this helps someone else!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @greteanemone .
I can help you with the issue so you can contact human staff directly, however, let me know if I can send you a message privately.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.