Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15s-eq1510na
Microsoft Windows 11

I understand this has been discussed, but i see no option in laptop model that i have. why cant HP designed a program to allow all models to stop charging at 80% instead of just program for business notebook?

Lenovo and Asus have their own program for all of their models.

the battery of my laptop is already reducing and now full capacity is at well below actual capacity as i always have my laptop plug in (using as desktop) and charging to 100%.  surprised that HP is well behind in this.

maybe someone can advice third party program i can download to manage this?

help please !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NL81,

Check to see if your laptop has the latest BIOs update. See: HP Laptop - 15s-eq1510na Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support).

Please see if your BIOS has the "Battery Care Function" option under System Configuration and if it does, set it to 80%.

Or if "Battery Care Function" is absent, follow the steps to change the battery care function:

1. Turn off your laptop, and then connect the power cord if it is not already connected.

2. Turn on your laptop, and then repeatedly hit the F10 key to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

3. Using the arrow keys, select Advanced, and then select Power Management Options.

4. Click the Battery Health Manager drop-down menu to review the setting options and then select the appropriate setting:

• Let HP manage my battery charging: Use this setting to have the system balance charging between battery health and battery duration. The latest version of the Battery Health Manager dynamically changes how it charges the battery based upon usage conditions and temperature over time.

• Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%. The ability to store additional charge in a battery becomes less efficient after 80% and can add additional stress to the battery over time.

• Maximize my battery duration: Use this setting if you need your battery to last as long as possible between charges. The battery charges to 100% to provide maximum run time between charges.

Hope this was helpful.

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

my laptop has the latest BIOs update (currently F.61 Rev.A , same as per listed in the link you gave).

i have also checked, unfortunately there is no battery care function option under System Configuration

i have also entered BIOS setup utility (pressing F10) AND unfortunately there is no "Advanced" and also no Power Management Options.

FYI - in BIOS setup utility, the main options i have are 

Main

Security

Configuration

Boot Options

Exit

i have checked each one and there is no "advanced" and also no "Power management options". as such, i am unable to select the settings.

can someone who is working with HP, provides me solution specific to my laptop ?

HP Laptop - 15s-eq1510na

HP Recommended

@NL81,

Yes, I agree: it would indeed be nice if an HP Support Agent or HP Expert were to weigh in.  My understanding is that unfortunately not all HP laptops have the software tools (made) available to limit battery charging. See link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15-as000-notebook-pc/10862135/document/c06179452.

NonSequitur777_0-1651693094485.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.