Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp 17-f233nr backlit keyboard upgrade ?

pavilion 17-f266nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,after getting tired of not being able to see my keyboard i have finaly seen a solution ,a backlit keyboard . ta da ! does any one know if there is an option or backlit keyboard that will fit my HP pavilion 17-f233nr laptop ? if so i must alo know if there is a plug in for it awaiting its installation ? PN would be very usefull and this has to be plug n play as i am not able to canabalize my new computer . thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp 17-f233nr backlit keyboard upgrade ?

Hey @ipscanter

I understand that you are looking to upgrade your Keyboard to a backlit keyboard. 

Here is the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. You will see that it says Full Size Backlit 3 coat paint island-style Keyboard with numeric key pad black with red LED is listed because some models came with that type of Keyboard (page 4 Chapter 1 Product description). 

When I look at the HP PartSurfer using your specific model number, there is not an option for you to use the Full Size Backlit 3 coat paint island-style Keyboard with numeric key pad black with red LED. 

I am unsure about plug and play information for backlit keyboards. You could try to contact us and see if they have more information about where you can get a backlit keyboard and plug and play information. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation