Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 246 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
hi there,
i have hp 246 notebook laptop.
today while i was watching the movie with charger plugged in i unplugged the charger and my laptop went shutdown
again when i try to turn it on it wasn't work and it work only with the charger plugged in but the charger status is: (plugged in,not charging) and it is not charging and remains in 20%.
i tried uninstalling microsoft ACPI- Compliant control method and it wasn't worked far.
i need help and i would appreciate it
thank you!.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is a compatible (3rd party) battery:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Replacement-Battery-HS04-For-HP-240-G4-245-G4-246-G4-250-G4-255-G4-256-G4-/15...

Could not find a genuine HP battery for sale in India

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

How old is the laptop and how old is the battery? Have you tried running the battery health diagnostic in the HP Support Assistant?

HP Recommended
laptop is 29 months old and the battery is 915 days old.
yes i have run the health diagnostic in HP support assistant and the result was REPLACE. and failure id was:REOOW
HP Recommended

There is your answer. Battery is consumable and must be replaced after some time. 29 months is a little better than average. 

HP Recommended
thank you
whare i can buy the original battery of my laptop and how much it costs?
HP Recommended

Where do you live (country)? That is going to be a major factor in the cost. 

HP Recommended
India
HP Recommended

This is a compatible (3rd party) battery:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Replacement-Battery-HS04-For-HP-240-G4-245-G4-246-G4-250-G4-255-G4-256-G4-/15...

Could not find a genuine HP battery for sale in India

HP Recommended
thank you very much..
i appreciate your effort. 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.