Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck069tx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade ram, memory and GPU of my hp pavilion 15-ck069tx. I want to upgrade ram with Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM 

Is it compatible with the present ram 8GB Samsung 2400MHz? Or which ram card is recommendable?  

Is Western Digital Blue SN570 NVMe 500GB SSD, Upto 3,500 MB/s Read suitable for my notebook? Or which one is recommendable?  

I am also thinking to upgrade NVIDIA GeForce MX130 GPU? What are the compatible GPUs for my notebook?

The resolution of the front web camera is not good? Could you suggest the best camera for to upgrade?

Best regards,

Sateesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sateesh.

I would recommend that you use a DDR4-2400 memory chip to match the one HP currently has installed, but it is not required that you do.

A DDR4-3200 memory chip should work fine too, but it is only going to run a 2400 MHz.

This would be the 16 GB DDR4-2400 memory chip I recommend...

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial CT16G4SFD824A 16GB 2400MHz 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory (CT16G4SFD824A) Onlin...

Other options...DDR4-2666 (cheaper than the above and should work fine).

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial CT16G4SFD8266 16GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s PC4-21300 DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin RAM O...

DDR4-3200:

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial 16GB Single DDR4 3200 MT/S (PC4-25600) CL22 DR X8 Unbuffered SODIMM 260-Pin M...

I think the DDR4-2666 would be your best option, since it is the least expensive.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Sateesh:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types and memory upgrade info.

Your notebook would support a NVMe SSD such as the Western Digital Blue SN570 NVMe 500GB SSD, but the service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB.

So, before installing a 16 GB memory chip, you should first confirm how much memory your notebook can support.

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

The GPU is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that may come with a better graphics adapter.

It would be very expensive to do such an upgrade, and not worth it, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you regarding upgrading the webcam.

It is probably not possible.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for the reply.

There are two slots for ram in my PC and supports up to 32gb. The present ram in one slot is 8 gb samsung, SODIMM, DDR4, 2400.  I want to insert DDR4 16gb ram, 3200 in another slot for upgrading.  Can I use different rams with different speeds? Or which one do I have to go for?  

Best regards,

Sateesh

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sateesh.

I would recommend that you use a DDR4-2400 memory chip to match the one HP currently has installed, but it is not required that you do.

A DDR4-3200 memory chip should work fine too, but it is only going to run a 2400 MHz.

This would be the 16 GB DDR4-2400 memory chip I recommend...

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial CT16G4SFD824A 16GB 2400MHz 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory (CT16G4SFD824A) Onlin...

Other options...DDR4-2666 (cheaper than the above and should work fine).

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial CT16G4SFD8266 16GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s PC4-21300 DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin RAM O...

DDR4-3200:

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial 16GB Single DDR4 3200 MT/S (PC4-25600) CL22 DR X8 Unbuffered SODIMM 260-Pin M...

I think the DDR4-2666 would be your best option, since it is the least expensive.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for the clear explanation. 

Also, could you please suggest the  best 500 gb ssd  for my pc? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The WD Blue SN570 that you mentioned in your first post would be an excellent choice.

Amazon.in: Buy Western Digital Blue SN570 NVMe 500GB SSD, Upto 3,500 MB/s Read, with Free 1 Month Ad...

The only one that I would recommend that may be a little bit better would be the Samsung 980 (not Pro).

Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 980 500GB Up to 3,500 MB/s PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Driv...

The downside is that it costs 1651 Rs more and I don't know if the 980 is worth spending that much more for.

In the USA the 980 is only $10 more than the SN570.

Read the reviews for both and pick the one that makes the most sense for you.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I am sorry to interrupt you again and again.  Actually, I want to upgrade my pc due to hanging issues that I have been facing for the past three months.  Previously it worked normally without any issues. Now it 's frequently hanging. I have tried fixes and diagnostics using the hp support assistant app,  but it didn't show any errors.  One week back, I upgraded to Windows 11, but still, I am facing the hanging issues. I am a researcher. It is affecting me a lot my work. How to make it work like a pro PC? What are the steps I have to follow to run my pc peacefully? Is it necessary to use external anti-virus software?

Could you please help me out on all these issues?

Best regards,

Sateesh

HP Recommended

Hi, Sateesh:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

However, even without doing any upgrades, your PC should not be doing that.

You may want to consider backing up your files and using the cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive to factory reset the PC with the original drive configuration that the PC came with.

That way, if the PC runs normally again, you know it was a Windows/software issue and not a hardware issue.

Here is a link for how to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

If it still continues to hang, freeze, etc., then it is probably a hardware issue.

Could be a faulty hard drive or a bad memory chip.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.