Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 11-012ew
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community,

I have in laptop this card Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo adapter For Pavilion 14 15 Series,sps 690020-001 and I have some problem with Bluetooth functionality. Transmition during usage is frequently intermittent. Sometimes when Blutooth is working the WiFi connection is broken too.
I was wondering to change this card for another one, wchith is aloowed to use with this type of laptop (G9Y31EA#AKD) I mean Ralink RT3290 BT 3.0 + 150 Mbps Mini PCI-E 2.4G 802.11b/g/n 689215-001 according to documentation. 
My question is it will be works ?

On the HP WEB side I had found last available driver (https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/model/70... I have intalled it too.
Is there another way to solve this problem ? 

I was thinking to just rid off the existing bluetooth embeded functionality card (just simply switch off in the system) and simply connect external Bluetooth 4.0 by USB port. 

What action I should take on ? 

Thank in advance!

Regards 

Radoslaw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Radoslaw.

Since there is only one antenna wire, adding a second antenna would be very difficult.

But yes, you would need to order the antenna in the manual.

This would be an alternative card you can buy without needing a second antenna.

It is only a single band wifi card though, not dual band.

The good news is the card should work fine on W10--both Wifi and Bluetooth.

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter with 1 antenna HP part # 753076-005.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you want to replace the internal wifi card, see chapter 3 of the service manual for the supported wifi cards.

c04530571.pdf (hp.com)

If your notebook has two wifi antenna wires connected to the Ralink card in there now, I would recommend you get this model...You would have to take the notebook apart first and check to see the antenna configuration.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter with 2 antenna  HP part #784638-005.

You can probably find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The Ralink RT3290 BT 3.0's Bluetooth would not work at all, so I wouldn't buy that card.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you again very much for your promptly message. I've checked my laptop and there is only one antenna. Is the card you proposed include two antennas ? If not I assume that I need to by additional antenna. Am I right that I need to buy yet (data from manual) - WLAN antenna for use on models with the following WLAN module: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 805725-001 ?

Thank you so much again !!

Ragards

Radoslaw

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Radoslaw.

Since there is only one antenna wire, adding a second antenna would be very difficult.

But yes, you would need to order the antenna in the manual.

This would be an alternative card you can buy without needing a second antenna.

It is only a single band wifi card though, not dual band.

The good news is the card should work fine on W10--both Wifi and Bluetooth.

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter with 1 antenna HP part # 753076-005.

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you very very much for your help  !! 🙂 Happy Easter to you !

Regards

Radoslaw

HP Recommended

Anytime, Radoslaw.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Happy Easter to you too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.