Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp probook 440 g5 i5 8th generation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some strange reason my wifes laptop has stop charging. Its a hp probook 440 g5 i5 purchased second hand 2 months ago. It was working fine upto tonight. Power cable in and not charging. I have tried troubleshooting this issue on the latop no problems it says. I have googled it and uninstalled the drivers, turned off then its reinstalled again. and still no chaging. Am i missing something really easy ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You need to do a diagnostic on the battery and look at the advanced results as it will dig into the health of each cell, etc. It is a bit young to have the battery go out but no telling what happened to it in the hands of the first owner and if it is even the original battery. Extended test will tell us that. 

HP Recommended

How do I do this? The battery only has 9 % battery currantly 

HP Recommended

Read this. There are a couple ways to do it but we need a screenshot of the advanced test results on the battery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

HP Recommended

The battery is now fully dead and can not check the battery. Don't know if its the battery, charger or motherboard now.

HP Recommended

If the charger still powers the laptop its not the charger. If the laptop still boots its probably not the motherboard. Can you turn on the laptop and boot to Windows?

HP Recommended

No the laptop is now dead. No power or lights on it now. Does not boot.

HP Recommended

Then the problem is bigger than the battery. Could be the AC adapter. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.