Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,662 Views)

hp probook 4530s battery problem

Hello

I have bought hp probook 4530s and While I am Using it I found that the battery does not last for long time or it finishes quickly. I mean I am do ing my work and suddenly the computer shuts down :(

So, MY question is : Is there any solution to avoid this problem??

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 5 (1,644 Views)

Re: hp probook 4530s battery problem

Hi,

Can you provide a bit more information on your battery problem?

You say the battery doesn't last a long time, how long does it last when working from a full charge (100%)?  When it is shuts down, does it just turn off with no warning, or does it give you a warning and tell you to plug the notebook in soon before shutting down?  How old is the battery in the Notebook?  What operating system are you using?

If you have HP Support Assistant installed, then I would recommend opening it, and running the battery test and battery calibration, that will at least tell you something about the condition of the battery.

Good Luck!

I am an HP Employee.
Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,576 Views)

Hello I have a Hp probook 4500s laptop which has a similar problem with its battery. Whenever i use my laptop (i use it sometimes to watch films or play rpg online games ) it goes on for a certain amount of time then it shuts down with no warning sign (Your battery is running low et as it used to do) and just shuts down. Then i am able to restart my previous session but only if i plug in the charger. Also when i restart the laptop i get  an error sign telling me that this battery has problems or it needs replacing. Now ive only bougt this laptop like 6-7 months ago. My question is this : How long is this battery going to last ?

Thank you

Associate Professor
Message 4 of 5 (1,543 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jacktrimi,

Where you able to run the Battery Test and Battery Calibration as I suggested above?  That is the best way to find out what the actual status of your battery is.  You can post the results back here if you would like.

It is hard to say how long any particular battery will last because it really depends on how it is used and what environmental conditions it is used in.  See Improving Battery Performance for details on how best to use your battery and get the longest possible life out of it.

R

I am an HP Employee.
Student
Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)

hello, I'm a HP Probook 4740s user. My configuration is, windows 8.1 pro 64bit, Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @2.6GHz, 4GB Memory(4GB Elpida 1600MHz), Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, Resolution:1600x900, AMD Radeon HD 7650M... well, my warrenty was expired. at first, my battery lasted near about '4 hours'... But now a days, it lasts 2hours or less. My leptop is 3years and 2months old. Again, I played video games by plugging the charger. I forgot to unplug the charger(AC Adapter) when the charge is 100%. It happened uncountable times. So, my question is, "does this affect the battery that it can't hold the charge like it used to do before?" I also tried HP Battery Check from HP Support Assistant but, it shows 'OK' status.

Do you have any solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation