Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,047 Views)

hp probook 6550b bios password

hi

you do a great job :smileyhappy:

i have a notbook HP Probook 6550b

it has a bios password that i do not know it

can you please help me remove the password so i can get in bios settings?

UUID is   204AA9F79213E011806D9180BF0CC002

Thank you

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 6 (1,034 Views)

Re: hp probook 6550b bios password

Your Password error 204AA9F79213E011806D9180BF0CC002 code ?!

try

ibajpi6 or r6uqdq3

http://breakstuffmajorly.blogspot.ch/2012/04/remove-bios-password-on-probook-6560b.html

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Grad Student
Message 3 of 6 (886 Views)

Please call the HP Support for Bios Admin password issue and provide them with all the information they need about the notebook and the issue will be taken care and fixed. This is the only way to fix the issue with Bios admin password.

I am a HP Employee

Intern
Message 4 of 6 (394 Views)

I sure do want to thank you for replying in such good time.  I lreally love this place and for all the right reasons.  So heres how it went.  

Shortly after I read your reply I said well Im going in. . . . . and i did.  I was shocked!!!!!! to see that instead of administrator and another user choice that i dont recall there was my computer name and my user name "TECHNOW4\PAUL" so I used my user password and my world got good fast and i mean real good.  Ther are some admin policy things that I have no access to but as far as the machine and all it's capabilities go I am the king of this machine.  I can only speculate that I did alot of driver installs earlier including downloading and running HP protect and also that I have LAN! you see my roommate and myself have spent far to long with thiese electronic marvals that now we are addicted.  COmpUtEr JunKiEs in other words.  Perhaps its the combination of LAN and propriatary security software from HP that did the trick or just unworldly "network angels" bearing gifts. I'm betting on the former. 

Well sir, again thank you for being her for others I think what you do is very important for alot people.  I apreiciate you. I trust you'll keep my experience in mind as you continue.

Thanks again.  Paul.

paulerose61@gmail.com

Intern
Message 5 of 6 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]

Toffy wrote:

Your Password error 204AA9F79213E011806D9180BF0CC002 code ?!

try

ibajpi6 or r6uqdq3

http://breakstuffmajorly.blogspot.ch/2012/04/remove-bios-password-on-probook-6560b.html

I sure do want to thank you for replying in such good time.  I lreally love this place and for all the right reasons.  So heres how it went.  

Shortly after I read your reply I said well Im going in. . . . . and i did.  I was shocked!!!!!! to see that instead of administrator and another user choice that i dont recall there was my computer name and my user name "TECHNOW4\PAUL" so I used my user password and my world got good fast and i mean real good.  Ther are some admin policy things that I have no access to but as far as the machine and all it's capabilities go I am the king of this machine.  I can only speculate that I did alot of driver installs earlier including downloading and running HP protect and also that I have LAN! you see my roommate and myself have spent far to long with thiese electronic marvals that now we are addicted.  COmpUtEr JunKiEs in other words.  Perhaps its the combination of LAN and propriatary security software from HP that did the trick or just unworldly "network angels" bearing gifts. I'm betting on the former. 

Well sir, again thank you for being her for others I think what you do is very important for alot people.  I apreiciate you. I trust you'll keep my experience in mind as you continue.

Thanks again.  Paul.

[personal information removed]

Top Student
Message 6 of 6 (279 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem. The SMC.bin files doesn't seem to change anything in the BIOS.

Let me know if you solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation