Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I also declined the same warranty-repair offer, made after two half-day telephone-initiated remote-access support sessions.

The HP representative couldn't re-assure me that HP wouldn't attempt a factory reset (from a paid-for Windows 10 Pro to Windows 8.1) as a matter of in-house routine, even though this has been proved ineffective and I did not want to risk loss of much valuable single-install-licensed Microsoft application software.

And I believe too that in my case the problem is a result of a previous motherboard replacement under warranty on my Spectre x360 (the forums evidence many other cases like mine in this respect). I think that HP just installed a replacement motherboard that lacks the necessary hardware sensors.

In any event I can't trust HP. So I had cut to stencil a piece of plexiglass that I clamp to my laptop's keyboard when I want to use it in tablet mode.

HP Recommended

Most of my keyboard inactivates in tablet mode, but not all.  The function keys stay live.  Also, the touchpad remains active.  Tablet mode is effectively useless.  

Whatever you do, if you also have this problem, don't let HP tech support run wild.  This same system lost its sound system for a while (and I mean it was gone from Device Manager), and they wiped my profile and factory reset the machine to get it working again. They don't seem to have been trained  to diagnose and fix problems like this in any other way, and they don't seem to care how much it screws up your life.  It took me many  hours to restore the personalizations and re-install the software.

HP Recommended

This can't possibly be true. Please don't tell me I just bought a 2-in-1 computer that doesnsn't provide a simple way of disabling the keyboard and mousepad when I flip to tablet mode. Can someone at HP confirm this?! 

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I'm not a HP support person, but I just had this problem and fixed it by re-installing the "Intel Intergrated Sensor" driver availiable from HP's website. Just go to the drivers download page for your model, get it down and install it.

Then my x360 sundenly started detecting it was in tablet mode and auto disabled the kyboard and trackpad...

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.