12-07-2019 06:13 AM - edited 12-07-2019 06:17 AM
I have been using this laptop for 3 days and it’s burning, not warm, literally burning my finger. And the fans won’t even turn on after many restarts. The laptop makes weird electrical static noises when it overheats.
I am so frustrated with hp laptops always overheating. I payed 2,000 for this and I might have to get a refund. Please help
12-07-2019 02:13 PM
3 day old notebook is under hardware warranty.
Please contact HP Technical Support - speak with an HP representative who can offer options and solutions.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option – Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
From HP > CAUTION
Recently, HP has seen an increased number of third-party support websites selling HP driver downloads or diagnostic tools. Many of these websites use the HP trademark symbol and claim to be official HP distributors.
If your product supports your operating system, HP offers your driver and software at no additional cost through the HP website.
Use caution when dealing with any website that asks you to pay for HP driver downloads or tools that claim to diagnose your HP products. These websites might not be affiliated with HP in any way.
Do not install BIOS updates from a motherboard manufacturer's website. Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer can prevent the computer from accepting an HP system recovery. This could result in a loss of data.
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device
Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
12-07-2019 06:12 PM - edited 12-07-2019 06:35 PM
I turned it on for 1 minute on the home page without websites or software open and it just overheats like crazy. (not warn, but burning!) When i turn it on, the internals make electrical sparking noises, like the internals are broken or something?
I reseted the BIOS settings and its all up to date. The fans just refuse to turn on!
I don't get it; it's a new 2,000 dollar laptop and after 4 days of usage, i'm going to have to replace with a new one.
what a waste of money!