Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U5AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to add hdd on this laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

Yes, you can purchase a ready-to-go external SSD/HDD drive which connects to one of your USB ports, or if you have an HDD you can fit it in an external dock which is connected to one of your USB ports, such as this example: Amazon.com: Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HD....

[EDIT:] Your laptop has two (2) internal (M.2 NVMe SSD) storage slots.

Granted, an external HDD or SSD storage drive is not ideal, but it works pretty well.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

[EDIT:] Your Victus by HP 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-D0000 (2V8U5AV), is fitted with two (2) M.2 NVMe SSD data storage slots. There is no internal SATA SSD/HDD data storage slot.

Best way to deal with this, is to install an additional M.2 NVMe SSD if the second M.2 NVMe SSD slot is empty or buy the largest capacity M.2 NVMe SSD replacement you can afford (2TB, 4TB), otherwise you may want to consider plugging in an external SSD/HDD drive.

HP Victus by HP Laptop 16-d0xxx User benchmark link: UserBenchmark: HP Victus by HP Laptop 16-d0xxx Compatible Components.

If you need assistance how to best clone your existing M.2 drive to a larger capacity M.2 drive, let me know.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards / З повагою,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

ssd is good, but can add a hdd drive?

HP Recommended

@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

Yes, you can choose to add an external HDD plugged in one of your USB/USB Type-C SuperSpeed (5Gbps) ports:

NonSequitur777_2-1682889518306.png

Like what this User did: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52341478 with a Seagate Expansion 4TB External Hard Drive:

NonSequitur777_0-1682889111709.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

hdd connected via usb? 😶

HP Recommended

@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

Yes, you can purchase a ready-to-go external SSD/HDD drive which connects to one of your USB ports, or if you have an HDD you can fit it in an external dock which is connected to one of your USB ports, such as this example: Amazon.com: Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HD....

[EDIT:] Your laptop has two (2) internal (M.2 NVMe SSD) storage slots.

Granted, an external HDD or SSD storage drive is not ideal, but it works pretty well.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi, @CoRoNAviRusNIk & @NonSequitur777 

The model series does have a second M.2 slot that supports a NVMe SSD as set forth in chapter 1, page 2 and chapter 5, page 32 of the service manual.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

Yes, I saw that illustration on p. 32, but it didn't make any sense to me as nowhere else in the same manual it confirmed the presence of two M.2 NVMe SSD slots:

NonSequitur777_1-1682897545015.png

[EDIT:] p. 16, and I quote: "To identify the computer major components, use this illustration and table."  Apparently, let's not use it, since the illustration only shows one M.2 NVMe SSD -not two.

My bad to get this wrong.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

In chapter 1, it shows that HP sold models in that series with 2 x 256 GB NVMe SSD's.

Primary storage PCIe, NVMe, M.2 2280 solid-state drives
1 TB, PCIe-4 × 4, TLC
1 TB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
512 GB, PCIe-4 × 4, TLC
512 GB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
256 GB, PCIe-4 × 4, TLC
256 GB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
256 GB, PCIe, TLC
1 TB solid-state drive + 32 GB Optane™ memory
512 GB solid-state drive + 32 GB Optane memory
256 GB PCIe, TLC + 256 GB PCIe, TLC (RAID 0)

Chapter 5, page 32 has more than the illustration...it says this near the top of the page...

Two solid-state drive slots are available on the computer, as shown in the following illustration. The primary
drive is on the right side of the computer near the memory modules.

HP Recommended

@CoRoNAviRusNIk,

As pointed out by @Paul_Tikkanen:

NonSequitur777_0-1682899847336.png

A relevant YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC3qoQ6rcRE.

Still doesn't change the answer to your original HDD question I provided.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP #Victus #internals #storage The HP Victus 16 has an empty M2 NVME SSD slot available. In this video I show you the internals and also how to upgrade the by adding another NVME SSD. As you might have seen in my earlier video, the laptop comes with a 512 GB WDC SN730 SSD. I add a Samsung 980 SSD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.