cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

hp8710p not open with on/off switch

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8710p
Linux

The computer worked normally for years with two systems, Windows 7 and Linux Debian. Now last it opens as long as I take the power cord out and put it back in. The light, on the switch is turning on. Then I must press the on/off switch for a long time (2-3 sec). After that everything works fine continuously until I close it (hours and days later). But when I open it again it presents the same problem and it opens only with the above procedure. It does not open even by constantly pressing the on/off button on the laptop. The battery is removed from the laptop. The problem remain in both systems.
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
28,361 28,281 2,587 6,206
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gtsatsanis 

Honestly, there is most likely nothing you can get from HP that will address this.

your PC is long out of warranty and HP does not service older PCs.

And while this is certainly an inconvenience, nonetheless, with some fiddling, you can get the laptop to work fine.

To have this fixed would be very costly as you would have to pay some place to run extensive diagnostics on it, and when done, most likely, they would want to replace the motherboard, and even presuming an old component like this could still be found, that would cost you more than simply replacing the laptop.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A lot of thanks for your time.

Mary Christmas.

George Tsatsanis

Greece

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation