05-22-2012 09:28 AM
Try this....tap f8 as Windows first starts to load and see if you can get a menu allowing you to boot into safe mode. Choose safe mode with command prompt. This will just bring up a screen that looks like DOS. Type chkdsk c: /r and hit enter and reboot. Ideally, the system will run a chkdsk and fix any misalignment in the file structure. This will fix boot problems maybe half the time. Report back on whether this works and does any good.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot