Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried ALL the suggested options and nothing work. i am going to teach this piece of junk to fly!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

here is some feedback, i hope it will helpsomeone  with similar problems, I exchanged the battery, the supplier tested it and said i had run the battery flat too many times and apparantly the battery get damaged that way, i do it alot when travveling. Is it true?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps shown in the below link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have done this steps, about 5 times. the last time was this morning.  No luck. I have tried according to th HP support assistant, i have tried various sulutions given on several forums, but no luck. my laptop shut down after just 5 min after being fully charged for 2.5 hrs

HP Recommended

That's strange!!

I guess you've got the bad battery even thought it is a brand new one

I suggest you either try a spare battery if you have one

or

Get back to your point of purchase where you bought this and demand a replacement

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am considering to take it back. i just want to mention one thing, i have measured the voltage after the it was fully charged and it measured 11.7 volts. After the laptop shut down, i measured the voltage and it was on 11.65 volts. I then connected a 25 watt load to the battery for appr 3hours and the voltage only dropped to 11.35 volts, so i am not sure that it is the battery, but i will exhange it, Thank you kindly for the assistance. I will try any other suggestions as well

HP Recommended

If nothing works out and if you still feel the battery is good as per your voltage measurement that would make us think about the actual HP unit itself. I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer based on the warranty.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I will do that, thank you kindly for the assistance, i am also still considering to see if the laptop can fly

HP Recommended

here is some feedback, i hope it will helpsomeone  with similar problems, I exchanged the battery, the supplier tested it and said i had run the battery flat too many times and apparantly the battery get damaged that way, i do it alot when travveling. Is it true?

HP Recommended
That's right cells of the battery has stopped reacting and could not hold the charge anymore. In other words the battery has got maximum dead cells.

Regards,
KNRK
I work for HP
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.