02-08-2012 11:36 AM
Can i fit a T250 (sla49) CORE 2 DUO 2ghz 800mhz into my HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60 111EM.
AT this moment in time it has an Intel celeron 575 @ 2.00ghz.
Two GB of memory, and BIOS F.65,
The operating system has been upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
02-08-2012 01:19 PM
You probably have the Intel GL-40 chipset in your notebook which primarily is for celeron processors.
There is one model G60 that I know of that has a T3400 Pentium processor in it with the 667 MHz FSB.
I note that the specs for the GL-40 chipset can take celeron processors with an 800 MHz FSB, but I think a T7250 will not work because it isn't listed anywhere in the service manual as an option -- even for those notebooks with the GM-45 chipset.
My opinion for what it is worth, is that you may be able to install the T5800 or T5900 processor in your notebook.
You may even want to be real safe and try the T5750.
You may find my dialog with this forum member of use to you as well.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot