Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 8265u
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

my new laptop buying 10 days back its battery consumption is very fast its battery use 1 hour only pls solve my problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ramana12

I reviewed your post and I understand that battery is draining fast.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Many factors can contribute to battery performance:

• Battery cells suffer gradual, irreversible capacity loss with each discharge-charge cycle.
  • Temperature and discharge loads can impact battery performance and capacity.
  • Battery capacity and charge can decrease even when the computer is unplugged from a power source and not in use or turned off. The amount of decrease can vary by computer model. To reduce the charge consumption while the computer is turned off, disconnect any peripherals and disable Wake-On LAN settings in the BIOS.
  • During prolonged storage or non-use, the battery charge can decrease below its recommended low-voltage level. Discharging the battery below its recommended low-voltage level may physically damage the battery and result in the battery becoming unusable.

NOTE: 

If the battery does not recover after charging for 30 - 60 minutes, the battery has most likely sustained physical damage and must be replaced.

• Leaving the battery at a high level of charge in a high-temperature environment for extended periods can accelerate the loss of performance and capacity.
  • The computer generates excess heat during high workload or if it is not properly ventilated. This temporarily impairs the battery charge and discharge rate. The battery function returns to normal when it cools to an acceptable operating temperature.
  • To help maintain battery capacity, HP batteries are designed to discharge a small amount once fully charged. This is normal for most notebook batteries. The battery will begin to recharge once the charge has dropped below 95%.
  • Using software for graphics processing or high-definition video accelerates the loss of performance and capacity. For example, playing 3D games decreases capacity faster than using word processing applications.
  • Your notebook configuration and power settings can impact your battery performance. This includes settings such as:
    • Display brightness
    • Backlit keyboard
    • Display resolution
    • Windows Power Plan
    • Processor speed
    • Type of storage, such as a peripheral storage

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.