Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, this is my first time upgrading an Internal Hard Disk Drive into Solid State Hybrid Drive! I have a OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx Product number:2GD20PA  Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHZ
So i have found this SSHD Online, Wondering if its Compatible with my Computer for and Upgrade.Would anyone be able to help me please? Really appreciate it.

Here the link of the SSHD →https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1NHCZT/?coliid=IQFKKSEY7U8M1&colid=3APCHZ1EFBP4W&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/model/17252077/document/...

say your model has a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive and a 128 gig PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD for storage. The SSHD would work to replace the 1 TB 7200 rpm purely mechanical hard drive. 

See pages 31 and 32 of the Service Manual here:

Manual 

You will not notice any major performance difference; you will just have more space. The operating system (Windows) is running from the 128 gig M.2 SSD. 

Still if you are storing a lot of files the upgrade from 1 TB to 2 TB will give you a lot more elbow room. Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/model/17252077/document/...

say your model has a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive and a 128 gig PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD for storage. The SSHD would work to replace the 1 TB 7200 rpm purely mechanical hard drive. 

See pages 31 and 32 of the Service Manual here:

Manual 

You will not notice any major performance difference; you will just have more space. The operating system (Windows) is running from the 128 gig M.2 SSD. 

Still if you are storing a lot of files the upgrade from 1 TB to 2 TB will give you a lot more elbow room. Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

HP Recommended

So you are saying that SSHD and HDD Drives are just the same thing?

HP Recommended

No but both use mechaical spinning plates for data storage. The SSHD adds a solid state module that speeds up data access a little. An SSHD is nowhere near as fast as a full on all solid state drive. When used as extra storage and not to run the operating system an SSHD will not perform much differently than a regular hard drive. SSHDs are also not a lot more expensive than regular hard drives, either.So your 2 TB SSHD will just be a bigger place to store files and will not make your computer overall run much differently. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.