Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, this is my first time upgrading a SSD and RAM! I have a OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx Product number:2GD20PA
With a RAM of 8gb SODIMM 2400Mhz  and SSD 128gb. So i have found this RAM and SSD Online
This is the SSD I found →https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784SY515/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tlie=UTF8&tag=techfindsrevi20&crea...
I'm not sure if this stuffs is compatible for my Laptop .Would anyone be able to help me please? Really appreciate it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Your computer is equipped with two memory slots, so you can choose Dual Rank.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Bets regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Hello,

Your OMEN By HP 15-ce031tx Notebook PC supports up to 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz system memory.

You can find 8 GB memory modules for example below.

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC4-21300-SODIMM-260-Pin-Memory/dp/B071KP8CGG

As far as the SSD is concerned, he shouldn't have a problem.

Otherwise, please look directly at the Crucial US site below.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-omen-15-ce031tx

Please refer to the HP manual below for the steps to set up the memory module and SSD.
Maintenance and Service Guide

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

@Mans

Should i buy Single Rank or Double Rank ? I dont know which rank is compatible for my computer

HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Thanks for your return,

If you wish to use the dual channel, please use DDR4 2400 MHz memory modules.

Otherwise you can use either DDR4 2666 MHz or DDR4 2400 MHz memory, but when purchasing please choose only one type of memory for best performance.

HP Recommended

I only have Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHZ
In your opinion which is the best for performance? And how do i know if my computer supports dual rank or single rank because actually I dont even what ranks means. I wanna know what Memory Rank should I buy. Sorry im not that computer literate

HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Thanks for your return,

According to Intel on your processor it is recommended to use DDR4-2400 MHz memory modules.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97185/intel-core-i7-7700hq-processor-6m-cache-u...

HP Recommended

And how do i know if my computer supports dual rank or single rank because actually I dont even know what ranks means. I wanna know what Memory Rank is most compatible with my computer type. 

HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Your computer is equipped with two memory slots, so you can choose Dual Rank.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Bets regards,:Wink:

HP Recommended

Can I still use the Single Rank RAM? Because of what I have red online said single rank is much faster than the dual rank.

HP Recommended

@lowkeyrevin1998 

Yes, but do as you wish according to your choice.

Cheers,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.