Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello how's everyone? about three weeks ago i got a new hp printer which worked only for 2 weeks and it stopped working, i called hp (bought the printer 1 month ago $157.00) hp couldnt figure out what happened i think maybe I got hacked I've never had this happen before i can't sign in on the main screen my logo is changed and it won;t allow me to  enter a password. that information was entered my logo and p/w when i bought the computer, i dont know if the printer had something to do about this . somehow i need somebodys help because i'm an elderly person and thats all i have to look forward to is my computer and i have 3 hp computers and a brand new printer it only worked alittle while 2 weeks and it stopped working, i called HP immediately and he couldnt fix it and said i will send you another one well i was able to us                                                                    it work alittle over a week and the same exact problem that happened with the first one the same is happening now to the second computer and I think I'm going to stop after being an hp customer for almost 30 years never purchased anything but now i have so many problems with all my hp products nothing works no more help me please i need to get rid of my information on the sign in sheet i need a new login profile and a new password on the first screen that comes on please help me

Roberta J Mupo (Robin)
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Robin1963 

I really wish we could help you, but we are bound by forum POLICY and that prevents us with assisting folks with bypassing any security issues, including login problems.

So, the first thing you need to do is use the HP contact information to see if the folks there can help you reset your password.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Second, I really doubt the printer issue has anything at all to do with your login issue as they are totally different problems.  And since we tend to specialize here in different components, once you get logged back in, then you need to come back here and open a new thread strictly about the printer issue -- and one of our printer support experts can deal with that.

As to a different account, while you COULD certainly create a second account and login using that. that is considerable work and if your primary accounts works, is essentially wasting your time.  Plus, if you really are getting hacked, presuming this is coming from the Internet, it will just happen again with a second account.  So, there is really no point in doing that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.