Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 13-ay0003nd

HP ENVY x360 13-ay0003nd (16gb ram version)

edit: to clarify, Im aware that the ram is not upgradable, but im wondering if its a dual or single channel configuration. (I do not own the machine so I cannot check for myself)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Lucasmmm 

I have a similar model notebook with the Ryzen 5-4500 and 16 GB of non-removable memory.

I used the free HW info utility and it shows the 16 GB memory is running in dual channel mode.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1596579997621.png

See the memory report in the bottom right quarter of the summary report...dual channel.

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1596580069482.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Lucasmmm 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06648573

It has 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (onboard) that means RAM is soldered to its System boards and not up gradable.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Im aware that the ram is not upgradable, but i was wondering if it is a dual channel or a single channel

HP Recommended

@Lucasmmm 

You can check using a tool called  CPU-Z

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I apologise  for being unclear, but I do not own the laptop currently

HP Recommended

@Lucasmmm 

From manual (page 1):

Support for DDR4-3200, 1.2 V, nonupgradeable, onboard system memory in 16 GB and
8 GB configurations

Looks like it only has 1 piece of RAM  8GB or 16GB

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi, @Lucasmmm 

I have a similar model notebook with the Ryzen 5-4500 and 16 GB of non-removable memory.

I used the free HW info utility and it shows the 16 GB memory is running in dual channel mode.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1596579997621.png

See the memory report in the bottom right quarter of the summary report...dual channel.

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1596580069482.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.