Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-du1079tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: 2B5V6PA#ACJ
[Personal Information Removed]

MODEL No- LAPTOP-KIM00J0N

is it possible to upgrade my hdd to  M2 NV.ME is there any slot for this in my laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the service manual for the older 15s-du0xxx model series with the Intel 8th gen core processors.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

According to chapter 1 of the older manual, the model series has a M.2 slot that supports both NVMe and SATA SSD's.

That means your notebook's model series should also have a M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the service manual for the older 15s-du0xxx model series with the Intel 8th gen core processors.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

According to chapter 1 of the older manual, the model series has a M.2 slot that supports both NVMe and SATA SSD's.

That means your notebook's model series should also have a M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's.

HP Recommended

Thank you ,thank you so much for this information actually i am very serious about my laptop because of the hhd its working very slow so finnally i decide to upgarde to ssd then from youtube i get to know that there is more faster things from ssd like m2 nv.me like but i don't know that in laptop is there any slot available for this .where i am living right now there is no HP Service Center .but once again thank you so now i can order a SATA for my laptop.

one more query  i have can you please resolve it

so as i know there two type of slot present one for nv.me and another is M2 nv.me with out unscrew my laptop can i know that

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to the service manual, your notebook should have a M.2 slot for a PCIe (NVMe) 2280 SSD.

That would be the best type to buy for your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.