Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s-eq1118ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

möchte Speicher nachrüsten kann aber Gehäuse nicht öffnen

HP 15s-eq1118ng

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, @Gabriel5920 

HP only has the service manual for the older 15s-eq0xxx model series on your notebook's support page.

HP 15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (1E871AV) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

Hopefully, the manual will still be of help to you with opening up the notebook to install the memory.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. She was helpful. Under the aforementioned generic term for the series, I found one, actually 3, video (s) in Google, not HP, where I could see everything.

Such a video was already available for the previous model, where it was almost the same, but with slight deviations, but that was not enough.

Unfortunately, I have already deleted everything because I had to catch up on something, but even earlier I saw a video where one tried in vain and how I declared everything to have failed. That is why I am giving the information from the video that you can not find the current name but only the name of the series, and for a different model in the series, but which is identical in this point.

The short version: There are 3 additional screws under the two long, parallel rubber strips. That's all for good technicians.

The long version: For less skilled technicians like me, use a conical screwdriver with about the same width as the rubber strip at the very end and then pull off the raised tip with two fingers. Because the base plate cannot be lifted off like with a computer, but is clamped with barbs every few centimeters, as with cell phones, it would be important, not like me, to get into the narrow gap with a sharp metal blade that promises to get into the narrow gap, but with one Credit card made of plastic or something similar open the clamps like a zipper. Metal damaged, scratches the aluminum housing.

Conclusion: I upgraded the memory and hard drive, so I have a relatively good device at a relatively low price. Everything else promises to be optimal for me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to perform the upgrades you wanted to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.