Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy 17 j150ca Laptop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Spilled liquid on the Keyboard, turned it off right away but

lED's are dim, CAPLOCK is stuck ON ( took to a shop - they said "they tried some things to No avail,replace the keyboard" )

other than that it works fine, just a pain using another keyboard to turn Off the CAPLOCK all the time

looking for a replacment keyboard, where do i find 1

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That all depends on where you would like to purchase it from.  i will provide the part number for the keyboard so that you can purchase it.  i will also provide the service manual so that you can follow the disassembly portion of it to attempt to replace the keyboard. or you can take it to a computer shop to have them replace it with the keyboard that you purchase.

The part number for the keyboard is 720245-001.  

The link to the service manual is http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091762

Good luck.  hope to hear good results back.

Please remember to select the answer

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

That all depends on where you would like to purchase it from.  i will provide the part number for the keyboard so that you can purchase it.  i will also provide the service manual so that you can follow the disassembly portion of it to attempt to replace the keyboard. or you can take it to a computer shop to have them replace it with the keyboard that you purchase.

The part number for the keyboard is 720245-001.  

The link to the service manual is http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091762

Good luck.  hope to hear good results back.

HP Recommended

i am located in Canada thus the ' ca ' on the end there

would it not be part number 720245-db1 ?

i do not have a Touchscreen BTW

or is the 720245-001 the compatable fit

HP Recommended

the part number for the CA keyboard for the non-touch model is 720244-DB1.  the keyboard works with both touch and non-touch models.  if your keyboard has the leap motion option that i am seeing in the service manual then let me know and i will provide that part number to you.  hoping the best of luck.

HP Recommended

ok i do have the Nvidia geforce but i believe there is No leap motion

as i do not see any driver indicating this

Thanks for info, now i just got to find that keyboard : )

HP Recommended
What i do is put the part number in ebay search and it usually comes right up. Dependind on how the laptop is designed they can be cheap or very expensive.
HP Recommended

Thanks dude, will get back when i get ahold of the keyboard and install it

HP Recommended

If you have anything else you want to ask me or needs help with anything let me know.  i will be glad to help someone in need.  also if you see any corrosion try and find some way or cleaning it off so that it does not spread and cause another problem down the road that might cause your laptop to have a motherboard needing to be replaced.  it is not fun changing the motherboard just because of something that happened a long time ago.

HP Recommended

ok i will inspect it with a microscope 

Thanks again Dude

now just the 2-4 week delivery wait time 😜

HP Recommended

no need to go that far just if you see any big spots where you there there is corrosion then just try and get rid of it.  for the most part though i dont think the water would have gotten much farther than the keyboard. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.