Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

keyboard backlight colors are wrong

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc0029
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently noticed that keyboard backlight colors have gotten weird. Over the past year this hadn't been an issue, keyboard was responsive and LED lights worked as expected.

I don't know if this has happened due to recent updates or hardware malfunction but I've noticed the following:

- Keyboard backlight zones will show a different hue when assigned the same colour and brightness.

-White light seems greenish.

-Leftmost zone is the brightest.

-Green and Blue have the greatest variation between on-screen color and actual LED color.

I've tried updating all drivers, support assistant and HP Omen command center but nothing has worked or even had a noticeable effect.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation or has any ideas on how to resolve this issue I'll greatly appreciate suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,633 84,520 10,686 22,911
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@baconSandwich 

Please use Windows Store, search for Omen Command Center and update OCC.

Hope this helps.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OCC is up to date. Tried that before I posted here.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation