Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have a pavilion g7 notebook with Windows 7. The semi-colon is acting like it is being held down. The button, itself, is not stuck. I can press it and it pops back up just fine. On start up my laptop beeps and then a screen comes up that I have to choose the OS. Its beeping because of the semi- colon. I don't know much about laptops and it is not in warranty. Any suggestions? And doing a search or having to type anything will be very hard to do
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello maria__s,

I see that you are having problems with the semi-colon key on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

How long have you been having the problem?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Product # A6Z19UA#ABA
Model # g7-1310us
It started a few months ago but would not do it for a long period of time, then start again. For the past week it hasn't stopped. Before I could hit the tab key and it would temporarily stop but that no longer helps
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

I would suggest using the computer in safe mode to see if the issue is present in safe mode. To get into safe mode turn the computer on and immediately tap the "F8" key. From the advanced boot option menu select safe mode.

Let me know if you are having the same issue in safe mode.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Yes it still does it in safe mode
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

There would appear to be a physical issue with the keyboard. If you have not spilled anything on the keyboard or computer you can try to blow canned compressed air in the keyboard to make sure that nothing is sticking or causing it to stick.

Signature

HP Recommended
I will try that...thanks
HP Recommended

You're welcome!!

Signature

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.