Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15t aq200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys, 

I bought my laptop in December 2017 and the battery had to be replaced the following month. after using it for a few years, the battery life is around 3 hours. My computer lags in the simplest of tasks like opening google chrome. I have formatted my laptop but the problem still remains. I would like to use this laptop for the next 3 years until I finish my undergrad and then get a new laptop. I really like the touch screen feature and don't use this laptop to do intense stuff. I just do schoolwork, watch videos and listen to music and rarely play games like football manager on it. what would you guys recommend I do? I am thinking of getting a new battery and updating it to SSD. 

laptop details: 

Product name:  HPenvy x360 15t- aq200

processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Ram: 12 GB 

Memory: 1 TB 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@eldiablph7

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please perform a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Test pass please try a Reset

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the component test, now I can't access anything on the screen. It has turned all white. 

HP Recommended

@eldiablph7

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes, the computer is  back to normal. I did all the tests and even formatted the computer but opening chrome is stiil slow. Could you guide me to a battery replacement and ssd upgrades. thanks 

HP Recommended

@eldiablph7

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in ordering the replacement battery and the SSD.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried talking to support since my warranty is out they did not connect me with a person. I could just talk to a virtual agent. 

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with the direct number for HP Support

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I havent received a message from you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.