Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My HP laptop Model  14-DF0023CL freezes when I move it. It's only about 6 months old, bought from costco and has an SSD drive only so can't be a hard drive vibration issue since its a solid state drive. This just started happening in last few weeks, when it was new it was fine. Never been dropped or mishandled. If I move it very slowly its ok, almost seems like an accelerometer inside senses bigger moves it crashes. I'm currently overseas for 6 months so not like I can bring it back to costco at this point either. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@edo9991

Welcome to HP Community

This seems to be a Hardware issue, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

That really sucks im sorry to hear thats happening and especially this early into the laptops life. Also wanted to say if your overseas for the Military just wanted to say i thank you for your service, and if your experienced in taking computers apart maybe take a look inside check if anythings come loose but unfortunantly i'm unfamiliar with that laptop. How i fixed my older laptop was the wifi card came loose and would short pins together when the laptop was moved maybe something like that is happening to your laptop. Hope i helped in some way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.