Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Achyut007 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop battery 0% not charging and plugged in HP envy 15t-j100 quad edition Energy star

hp envy 15t j100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP envy 15tj100 laptop which is 18 months old and Suddenly the battery percent became 0% and it is not charging now i have to now completely use only ac power to operate my laptop.Can anyone please tell me the solution. 

6 REPLIES 6
Teacher
Teacher
152 147 6 11
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop battery 0% not charging and plugged in HP envy 15t-j100 quad edition Energy star

Hi,

Sounds to me like the battery has degraded and needs replacing.

If you follow the guide below it will run you through checking the battery the guide is for Windows 7 so the interface may be slightly different but you should be able to follow it;

Guide

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
azlinton Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine is doing the same thing I bought this new as a demo product 1 month ago and since them this is what my battery is showing.  I have been through the forums did te battery test and this is what it says:

UNKNOWN

Primary Battery:    OK (4)

Warranty Type: 1           Terminal Voltage: 4157 mV

Cycle count: 0 / 300       Design Voltage: 14800 mV

Manufacturer: 13-14     Cell Voltage 1: 1041 mV

Battery Age: N/A             Cell Voltage 2: 1031 mV

Serial Number: 00000 00/00/1980    Cell Voltage 3: 1057 mV

Temperature: 25 °C       Cell Voltage 4: 1028 mV

Design Capacity: 2800 mAh     Status: 4AD0

Full Charge Capacity: 2646 mAh (94%)     AC Power: Yes

Remaining Capacity: 0 mAh     CT Number: N/A

Current: 0 mA

Since I cannot charge it I cannot do some of the tests but this is what shows in the HP Support Assistant

Any Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19,565 17,475 1,625 3,820
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

azlinton

Actually, yours is a different situation as the OP reported their battery staying at zero percent, while yours shows 94 percent.

In many cases, batteries won't charge until they drop below 90% -- yours could be one of them.

You say you bought this as a demo 1 month ago.  Presuming that it came with a warranty, why not just let HP fix it for free!!  

You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
tauquir Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i also have same problem. i shouldnt have boight hp laptop as my brothers but i did and i am suffering. nothing is good adapter, battery, hinge . all are low garde. i will never buy any hp laptop nor i will suggest anyone. 

0 Kudos
tauquir Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no our mind degarded so we bought hp laptop.

0 Kudos
AH42 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I had and have the same problem with my HP 13 B020ND laptop. More than a year ago, he did the same thing that is described here already. So this was still in my warranty period and eventually i could return my laptop to HP. They replaced the battery or something and it worked again. But unfortunately not forever because now (more than a year later) the laptop is doing exact the same thing again. I think it's something with the sensor, that the detecting mechanism doesn't work as it should. My laptop doesn't have the possibility to remove the battery.

But i'm not in my warranty period anymore. Does anyone know if there is like a warranty on reparation? 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation