Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp probook 450 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

my laptop start dysfonctioning, seems that it happened somewhat after my latest bios upgrade 1.45 N78

the laptop was working fine with the battery remaining energy but after i plug it to the power ac supply it wasn't charging the led remains off

after many tests with 2 different charger it seems that 1 of 20 tries work fine, and sometime not at all

i took out all the external hardware, ssd, hd ram and wifi, the problem is intheir, 

rarely the pc will boot from ac adapter and keep the power led on, must of the time its a nogo

when working i can can stretch the ac adapter connector on all sence it works fine as expected and it loads the battery

but when it doesn't work must of the time, nothing happens 

it seems that its related eitheir on bios or the motherboard, the time is correct on the biod when works (i connect one ram to use the bios), the fan also

when the battery is disconnected and i plug tbe ac adapter i noticed that the cap lock and the verr num blink once, but if the battery is pluged nothing happens

any idea about whats happening

and why it works correctly some time ?

please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

Please post the test results.

HP Recommended

hi thanks for your reply.

i used the method and i entered the uefi componant test (using the remaining battery power)

i checked the power supply with 2 chargers and it was a clear nogo

power ko 

HP Recommended

Hi

6AG1BX-837A30-MFPWLK-C1C103 -- 4/5/20

PowerAC Adaptor, Battery, Cache Battery Pack, Charger, Power Cord, Power Supply

AC Adapter Error

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=P4P32EA

gives part numbers for replacement AC adapter.

Trouble-Shooting...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-probook-450-g3-notebook-pc/7834555/model/7834556?sku=P4P32EA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.