Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop - 13-ba0553sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i have done all HP and windows update including BIOS update to F.20 - 28th December 2020 and cannot see battery health manager in the BIOS to care for my batttery. there is no option to set any settings to preserve battery life. 

all i have under BIOS under Configuration is Adaptive Battery Optimizer - Enabled. where is the function for me to maximize battery life and set the optio nto "Maximize my battery health" to set a charge level of 80%

Secondly, im enetering 'HP PC Hardware diagnostics UEFI' setups under F2 and its says it is out of date Version 7.6.2.0 . I Have checked hp and windows updates and cant see any newer versions. 

thirdly - is my Bios  installed as BIOS or UEFI, if the former, how do i upgrade to UEFI?

THANKS

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@azz007

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery.
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only.
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Click here: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html to download HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I don't understand your resolution as its not what I'm after you have misread what I've said and doesn't make sense.

My laptop is HP ENVY 13.3 so it has no removable battery. Clearly you are under knowledge and haven't got the experience do deal with my issue. 

Please escalate to senior members who understand what I'm asking for regarding the battery health manager option to stop charging at 80% to help preserve my battery for long term. 

HP Recommended

@azz007

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, no such options available to restrict charging option. 

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 ( refer to Battery care practices ) 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally this is what I'm talking about the battery health manager section 

Click here: https://support.h bp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 ( refer to Battery care practices )

So how do I get this on my laptop?

This section ;

Use Battery Health Manager (business notebooks only)

Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%

HP Recommended

There is the option. The link you have posted shows the Battery Health Manager section 

Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%

So this setting clearly stop battery charging at 80 %. So how would I get this on my model

HP Recommended

@azz007

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I thought this is the support engineer forum. 

So what options do I choose and how to contact them? 

HP Recommended

@azz007

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.